Commissioner Dorothy Lewandowski, Borough President Melinda Katz & Council Member Paul Vallone cordially invite you to attend a ribbon cutting ceremony for the Bowne Park Playground.
The event takes place Tuesday, August 29th, 2017 at 11 a.m.
It will be located at 29th Ave & 159th St
Please RSVP to Corisa Robinson at 718.520.5905 or email@example.com
The Broadway-Flushing Homeowners’ Association and the Station Road Civic Association will co-host a Candidates Night on Thursday June 22nd for all of the candidates in the primary for City Council in the 19th and 20th Districts.
The event will take place at 7:00 pm at Church on the Hill located on 35th Avenue between 167th and 168th Street.
We have confirmed attendance from:
- Councilmember Paul Vallone and Candidate Paul Graziano for District 19
- Councilmember Peter Koo and Candidate Alison Tan for District 20
Each candidate will provide a five-minute statement to be followed with questions from the audience.
In January of 2016 Senator Avella held a rally in front of 33-05 157th to urge the Mayor and the Landmarks Preservation Commission to landmark Broadway Flushing. Since then we have had a number of tear downs and this site will host the biggest house in BFHA with over 6,200 sq. feet and 10 bathrooms. We urge the community to come back to this site on Thursday May 18th at 1pm to demand support from our city. The Architectural District Bill is our only opportunity to allow for a review of future building plans to conform with the architectural style of our neighborhood. Thereby maintaining the character that is Broadway Flushing. Come stand with BFHA and Senator Avella.
The purpose of this Association is:
- To conserve the Association area as a single-family, detached residence district.
- To unite and encourage all homeowners and residents to maintain and improve the community of Broadway-Flushing.
- To further our agenda by appropriate representation and other courses of action before the various City and State governmental agencies.
- To keep the community informed about proposed zoning changes and their impact.
- To alert the community to apparent violations of current zoning laws and Rickert-Finlay covenant provisions.
- To keep our political representatives informed of important issues facing our Association.
- To cooperate with other neighborhood and civic associations in promoting cultural events for the area homeowners.
2017 Spring Gardens Awards - Winners
See slideshows of awards from previous years right here.
Spring has sprung in Broadway-Flushing! The warmer weather is back, bringing with it spectacular springtime blooms. The neighborhood is beginning to burst with color, bringing seasonal cheer to everyone!
Every two seconds someone’s identity is stolen. Shredding confidential documents you no longer need is one good way to protect yourself, and the AARP Fraud Watch Network wants to help. Bring any confidential documents to our Operation Stop Scams event, and we’ll shred them for free. It only takes a few minutes and can save you lots of headaches later on.
When: Thursday, May 4, 2017
11:00AM – 2:00PM (or until the truck is full)
Where: Bowne Park – 32nd Ave & 157th Street, Flushing, NY 11354